In this episode Chris and I look back at the past 83 episodes of the show and talk about what we learned, what we’ve enjoyed, and some of the highlights.
- Hello and welcome to Podcast.__init__, the podcast about Python and the people who make it great.
- I would like to thank everyone who has donated to the show. Your contributions help us make the show sustainable.
- When you’re ready to launch your next project you’ll need somewhere to deploy it. Check out Linode at linode.com/podcastinit and get a $20 credit to try out their fast and reliable Linux virtual servers for running your awesome app.
- You’ll want to make sure that your users don’t have to put up with bugs, so you should use Rollbar for tracking and aggregating your application errors to find and fix the bugs in your application before your users notice they exist. Use the link rollbar.com/podcastinit to get 90 days and 300,000 errors for free on their bootstrap plan.
- Visit our site to subscribe to our show, sign up for our newsletter, read the show notes, and get in touch.
- To help other people find the show you can leave a review on iTunes, or Google Play Music, and tell your friends and co-workers
- Join our community! Visit discourse.pythonpodcast.com for your opportunity to find out about upcoming guests, suggest questions, and propose show ideas.
- Your hosts as usual are Tobias Macey and Chris Patti
- Today we’re interviewing each other about the past year and a half of the show.
Interview with Tobias and Chris
- What have been some of the most unexpected or surprising aspects of the show for you during the past year and a half? – Tobias
- What are your top three favorite shows so far and why? – Chris
- If you could have a longer conversation with any of the past guests, who would you pick? – Tobias
- What has doing the show meant to you? – Chris
- What have you learned while doing the show that you wish you had known at the start? – Tobias
- How has the production process evolved since the beginning of the show? – Chris
Chris Leaving the Show – Chris
- Tobias and I started new jobs (At MIT Office of Digital Learning and Amazon Web Services, respectively)
- We’re much, much busier these days, making coordination difficult
- Tobias is ready to take the show solo and I (Chris) support him in this
- Chris still plans to support the show as an avid fan 🙂