You can view all of the show notes for every episode at http://podcastinit.com
- Date of recording – Apr 21st 2015
- Hosts – Tobias Macey and Chris Patti
- Overview – Interview with members of the Kivy core development team
GoCD is the on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks and modeled after the ideas in the Continuous Delivery book by Jez Humble and David Farley.
With GoCD’s comprehensive pipeline modeling, you can model complex workflows for multiple teams with ease. And GoCD’s Value Stream Map lets you track a change from commit to deploy at a glance.
GoCD’s real power is in the visibility it provides over your end-to-end workflow. So you get complete control of and visibility into your deployments, across multiple teams.
Say goodbye to deployment panic and hello to consistent, predictable deliveries.
To learn more about GoCD, visit gocd.org for a free download. Professional Support and enterprise add-ons, including disaster recovery, are available.
Interview with Kivy Core Developers
- How did you get introduced to Python?
- How did the Kivy project get started?
- What made you choose Python as the basis for Kivy?
- What were some influences on and inspirations for Kivy’s design?
- One of the amazing things about Kivy is that it’s comparatively simple to learn and get started with. Did this ease of use occur by design or accident?
- What were some of the biggest challenges to designing or implementing Kivy?
- If you could start the project over, what would you do differently?
- What are some of the most interesting things you’ve seen Kivy used for?
- What are some changes/features that you are particularly excited about for the future of Kivy?
- Are there any platforms/operating systems that you are trying to add support for (e.g. Sailfish OS, Ubuntu Phone, Firefox OS)?
- Is there anything in particular that you would like to ask for our listeners to help with?
- Google Summer of Code – If you didn’t get accepted, DO it anyway! 🙂
- Start small – documentation fixes
- Fix issues
- Huge backlog – help answering questions
- Maintainers for subprojects – like PyJnius
- Sponsors – Kivy core team looking for new hardware
- Increase unit test coverage
- If you find a bug submit a test case
- Mathieu Virbel
- Akshay Aurora
- Ryan Pessa
- Gabriel Pettier