Full show notes can be found at http://podcastinit.com/episode-2-reuven-lerner.html
Episode 2 Brief intro
- Recording date/time
GoCD is the on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks and modeled after the ideas in the Continuous Delivery book by Jez Humble and David Farley.
With GoCD’s comprehensive pipeline modeling, you can model complex workflows for multiple teams with ease. And GoCD’s Value Stream Map lets you track a change from commit to deploy at a glance.
GoCD’s real power is in the visibility it provides over your end-to-end workflow. So you get complete control of and visibility into your deployments, across multiple teams.
Say goodbye to deployment panic and hello to consistent, predictable deliveries.
To learn more about GoCD, visit gocd.org for a free download. Professional Support and enterprise add-ons, including disaster recovery, are available.
Reuven Lerner Interview
- Please introduce yourself
- How did you get introduced to Python?
- How did you break into the field of providing Python trainings?
- What are the most common languages that your students are coming from?
- What are some of the biggest obstacles that people encounter when learning Python?
- Where does Python draw the inspiration for its object system from?
- In what way(s) does learning Python differ from learning other languages?
- What sorts of materials/mediums do you use for training people in Python?
- Do you use your book (Practice make Python) as follow up material for your trainings?
- In your freelance work, what portion of your projects use Python?
- Have you seen a change in the demand for Python skills in the time between when you first started using it and now?
- What types of projects would cause you to choose something other than Python?
- Reuven Lerner
- Chris Patti
- Tobias Macey